Dare to be different. FONA International — where experts, teamwork and technology deliver a competitive advantage to you and your products. A place where honesty, transparency and confidentiality build trusting, long-term partnerships. A place where you are the focus of everything we do.
Based in our Geneva, IL headquarters, the True Taste ESD Operator assists the Manufacturing Team, reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position provides manufacturing of emulsions and spray dry products support to the Production Department. Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of General Manufacturing Practices
- Comply with Food Safety and Hygiene regulations
- Understand Raw Material code, Lot numbering and WMS locator systems
- Ability to understand and follow Batch Ticket instructions
- Accurately scan, weigh and record ingredients to produce spray dry emulsions
- Ability to follow spray dryer start-up and shutdown procedures
- Ability to perform proper spray dryer and supporting equipment cleaning procedures
- Ability to perform spray dryer emergency procedures
- Knowledge of basic principles of spray drying, including equipment flow and functions
- Understanding of spray dryer logs and chart recorders
- Understand the Kosher rules, process and cleaning procedures
- Knowledge of batch documents and Quality Assurance sampling requirements and procedures, MSDS and warning labels
- Understand impact of work (and mistakes) in overall operation. Know how to correct/notify appropriate personnel
- Ability to properly operate a forklift (certification required)
- Good math and communication skills
- Thoroughly understand material and equipment hazards
- Perform all duties in a safe manner using appropriate personal protective equipment
- Maintain 24/7 Audit-Ready facility
- A designated trained employee shall be assigned by the Production Supervisor as a back-up for this position on an as needed basis. This may include a Senior Spray Dry Operator depending on level of training.
- Ensure timely and accurate support to the needs of the department to allow for meeting the customer’s needs on a daily basis.